Application Materials for Semester and Year
To be considered for the semester or the year program, JYS requires the following materials:
- A personal and academic information questionnaire filled out by the student
- A letter or recommendation from a Spanish professor
- A letter or recommendation from a professor in any other field of study (including Spanish)
- Official permission to study aborad issued by the applicant’s home College or University
- Official transcript
- A Skype Interview in Spanish with the Resident Director in Seville, Sandra Soto Delgado
- A 300-word narrative in Spanish
- Terms and conditions documents signed by the student and a parent
- Non-refundable application fee ($50)
- If applying for financial aid through JYS, students must also sumbit a FAFSA form by May 1. In order to help the highest number of students possible, financial aid will only be awarded once all applications are received.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to advise all persons supporting the application that the application, transcript, and letters of recommendation must reach the JYS office by the above deadlines.
- Applications will be considered by the due date and decisions will be sent out within in 15 days.
- Late applications will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Of special interest to spring-semester applicants: because of the relatively short period of time available to apply for student visas after being accepted to the program, spring semester applicants are encouraged to submit their applications to JYS as soon as possible and not wait until the October 15 deadline.