Included as part of the JYS experience are 35-40 extra hours of field trips to sites of historic and cultural interest each semester.
- Province of Cádiz — City of Cádiz on the Atlantic Ocean
- Province of Córdoba — City of Córdoba and a guided tour of the Cathedral of Córdoba (Mezquita)
- Province of Granada — City of Granada and the Alhambra
- Province of Málaga — City of Ronda that dates back to the sixth century BCE, dramatically perched atop a 100-meter canyon, where students visit the Ronda Bullring, one of the oldest bullrings still in use in Spain
- City of Madrid — The capital city of Spain