Junior Year in Spain accepts applications from students who meet the language requirements for the program and have obtained permission from their college/university to study abroad.
Students must be in good standing with an accredited college or university in the United States.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (overall and in Spanish) is required.
- Lower GPAs will be considered in special circumstances.
JYS offers two different levels based on a student’s proficiency. The language level will determine the classes taken in Seville.
High Intermediate — 3 semesters of college Spanish prior to studying in Seville.
- At this level, students are required to take the Advanced Composition and Conversation Seminar
- High Intermediate students may not enroll in regular university courses
For year students, these restrictions apply only during the first semester.
Advanced — 5 semesters of college Spanish prior to studying in Seville.
- All courses are open to this level.
- Students are encouraged to take at least 1 regular university course.
Native speakers are not required to complete the same number of courses. Instead, they must submit to a phone or Skype interview to confirm proficiency.